Constituents can now book their tour of Canada’s Parliament – the West Block (House of Commons), Senate (Senate of Canada Building), and historic East Block – through an online reservation tool. Click here to access the reservation tool.
Tour Operators, Schools and other groups of 10 people or more must register an account to reserve tour times and manage reservations. Group reservations are free of charge. Click here to register an account.
House of Commons Guided Tours
Discover the history, roles, art and architecture of the House of Commons on this tour of the newly restored West Block.
- Visit the House of Commons Chamber and learn about the work of Members of Parliament
- All tours begin in the new Visitor Welcome Centre, located between West Block and Centre Block on Parliament Hill
- Tours last approximately 40 minutes
Senate Guided Tours
Visit the Senate at the Senate of Canada Building – Ottawa’s historic train station – to learn about the role and history of Canada’s Upper Chamber.
- Explore the Senate Chamber and learn about the work of Senators
- The Senate is located one block away from Parliament Hill, between the Château Laurier and the National Arts Centre
- Tours last approximately 30 minutes
East Block Guided Tours
From July to early September, visit East Block, the nerve centre of Canada’s government during its first hundred years. Guided tours take you inside restored heritage rooms to explore parliamentary life in the late 19th century.
- Tours include the offices of Canada’s first prime minister, Sir John A. Macdonald; his colleague Sir George-Étienne Cartier; the Governor General, Lord Dufferin; and the Privy Council
- Tours last from 30 to 40 minutes