Nominations for the 2018 Saskatchewan Municipal Awards are now open.
The Saskatchewan Municipal Awards (SMA) is a collaborative partnership between the Saskatchewan Urban Municipalities Association (SUMA), the Saskatchewan Association of Rural Municipalities (SARM), the Saskatchewan Association of Northern Communities (New North), the Rural Municipal Administrators’ Association of Saskatchewan (RMAA), the Urban Municipal Administrators Association of Saskatchewan (UMAAS), and the Ministry of Government Relations.
The objectives of the Saskatchewan Municipal Awards Program are as follows:
- To recognize and celebrate excellence and innovation on the part of Saskatchewan’s municipalities.
- To shift the main focus to the core audience of Saskatchewan municipalities.
- To share knowledge amongst municipalities by way of exposure to best practices.
- To promote cooperation and synergies between urban and rural municipalities.
- To maintain a focus on awarding municipal driven projects.
All Saskatchewan municipalities are eligible to be nominated. A municipality may nominate itself, or another municipality. A group or region is also eligible to be nominated (for example a planning commission or a regional authority). Municipalities are encouraged to use the awards program as an opportunity to showcase, market, and promote their community and/or region. For a practice or project to be eligible for an award, it must be focused on a municipally-led initiative initiated in or after the year 2003. If a project/practice was initiated prior to 2003 and is being nominated, it must be demonstrated that the practice is, and continues to be, a main priority for council.
The deadline for nominations is September 7, 2018 at 4:00 pm. If you know of any municipalities in your constituency that would be a good candidate, please encourage them to nominate themselves or contact Katee Galandy at email@example.com or 306-525-4398.
For more information, click here.