David L. Anderson
Member of Parliament for Cypress Hills–Grasslands
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
November 5, 2014
MP Anderson Pleased with Tax Cuts and Increased Benefits for Families
Ottawa, ON – David Anderson, Member of Parliament for Cypress Hills–Grasslands, is pleased with the Prime Minister’s recent announcements on new measures to make life more affordable for Canadian families.
“All families with children will benefit from the new measures introduced by our Government,” Anderson said. “The average tax relief and benefits for these families will be $1,140 in 2015. This is great news for families in our riding.”
The proposed new measures include:
- The Family Tax Cut, a federal tax credit that will allow a higher-income spouse to transfer up to $50,000 of taxable income to a spouse in a lower tax bracket. The credit will provide tax relief of up to $2,000 for couples with children under the age of 18.
- Under age 6: Increasing the Universal Child Care Benefit (UCCB) for children under age six. As of January 1, 2015, parents will receive a benefit of $160 per month for each child under the age of six – up from $100 per month.
- Age 6 to 17: Expanding the UCCB to children aged six through 17. Under the expanded UCCB, parents will receive a benefit of $60 per month for children aged six through 17.
- Increasing the Child Care Expense Deduction dollar limits by $1,000, effective for the 2015 tax year.
- Doubling the maximum amount of expenses that may be claimed under the Children’s Fitness Tax Credit from its current limit to $1,000. This credit will be made refundable effective for the 2015 and subsequent tax years.
“Our government has cut taxes over 160 times, saving the average family of four $3,400 on their taxes each year,” Anderson said. “I am delighted that we are fulfilling our promise to balance the federal budget and are now in a position to fulfill our promise to help Canadian families balance theirs.”
For more information, please contact the offices of David Anderson, MP:
Ottawa: (613) 992-0657
Saskatchewan: (306) 778-4480