David Anderson, Member of Parliament for Cypress Hills–Grasslands, would like to inform his constituents that applications are now open for the Enabling Accessibility Fund (EAF).
The EAF funds organizations, businesses and other eligible recipients to improve accessibility and/or safety for people with disabilities by supporting the capital costs of renovation, construction and/or retrofit activities and the provision of accessible technologies in workplaces and communities across Canada.
The expected results of the EAF are:
- accessible communities and workplaces;
- increased access for people with disabilities to services, programs and/or employment opportunities; and
- increased opportunities for people with disabilities to participate in and contribute to community life and the economy.
This CFP has two funding streams: the Workplace Accessibility Stream and the Community Accessibility Stream. To determine the funding stream under which to apply, please pay careful attention to the objectives and eligibility requirements and select the one that best suits your project.
If your application is submitted under the Workplace Accessibility Stream, it must demonstrate that the project aligns with both of the following expected results:
- increased workplace accessibility and/or safety; and
- increased opportunities for current or future employees with disabilities to obtain or maintain employment and participate in the economy.
If your application is submitted under the Community Accessibility Stream, it must demonstrate that the project aligns with both of the following expected results:
- increased accessibility and/or safety for people with disabilities in community spaces where programs and/or services are offered, or will be offered, to people with disabilities; and
- increased opportunities for people with disabilities to participate in and contribute to community life.
The deadline for applications is July 26, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Standard Time (PST).
For more information, visit the website.